Monday, September 1, 2008

7K Race!

This weekend we ran our first race. It was my goal to run a race before Averie's 1st birthday. I had originally planned to run a half marathon..but...a 7K will have to do :)! Averie was great the whole time even though it was during nap time! Thanks Laura and Sean for letting us borrow your jogging stroller!

Us before the race feeling peppy and ready to go.
Tyler sprinted ahead so he could take a picture of us crossing the finish line. Lets just say I wasn't feeling very peppy at this point :).
Tyler and Averie after the race. Notice how Tyler doesn't even looked winded (I decided to take the picture rather than be in it because the race was a bit more difficult for me:))!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're proud of you! Love, The non-race running Greens

Mike and Becka said...

WOWEE!!! You're officially my hero, Jame! I can't even begin to imagine running a 7K (or even really down the block and back!). I am so proud of you!

Oliver and Pamela said...

Wow Jaime! I wish I could walk that let alone run, very impressive.

Carrie said...

Way to go Jaime! That's so awesome that you guys could all do it together too!

Jon and Annie DeWaal said...

That is awesome! Jaime, you are hard core. I was wondering why your behind was looking so firm the other day... I forgot you have been running like crazy. :)

Jason and Rachel said...

You are awesome!!! I am so excited for you making your goal!