Thursday, March 5, 2009

Boise

A couple of weeks ago we got to go and visit our good friends Mike and Becka in Boise, ID. The moved there last summer and we were so excited to visit them. We spent 5 days playing games, playing Wii (there may have been a few injuries), going on walks, and just hanging out. We had such a great time...I am even going through Settlers withdrawals :). The HostsEveryday Averie would try to climb in Mike and Becka's enormous tub. We finally let her take and bath in it and she got so scared. We played lots of Wii. Averie like to climb on the ottoman and watch.
Tyler got to drive Mike and Becka's scooter. He was gone for so long that we got a little nervous. He said that he was running from the cops...right.So the story behind this picture is that Becka and I got to go on a girls night out to the movies and see Shopoholic, which is one of the books that we both love. Becka was super excited because she had a coupon for a free popcorn and discounted tickets. We were so pumped because we were being so economical and saving money and making our husbands proud. After we got there we got in line to get our "free" popcorn and found out that you had to buy a LARGE drink to get the free popcorn, which was more expensive than the popcorn. We both wanted our "free" popcorn so bad that we bought the drink and couldn't believe how LARGE the drink was. We were both so embarrassed to carry the drink. Okay so as I am typing this I am laughing hysterically to myself because it was so us to do that, but I am realizing that it doesn't sound as funny retelling it. So I guess you had to be there, but Beck I am totally still laughing.
Miss you guys!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you outrun the cops???????I hope we gave your those survival skills. Love Your parents

Mike and Becka said...

Don't worry Jame, I'm laughing right along with you! We sure love you guys and wish you were coming again this weekend! And I LOVE that picture of Averie with her hat on!!!

XOXO
Becka

Jon and Annie DeWaal said...

I am laughing about the drink, too, because I can imagine you guys being embarrassed to carry it! So it was a funny story, jaime.