5 Months old!It is hard to believe that it has been 5 months since Averie was born. Time sure seems to be going faster and faster, and while we love each new thing that she does (laughing, rolling over, cooing, scooting) we look back and grieve for the things that she has already out grown doing. We want to savor every moment with her and remember every little thing she does. It makes me think of the song by Kenny Chesney "Don't Blink" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyZOEJjjul0. Some days I don't want to blink or even breath for fear that I will turn around and Averie will already be a grown women and I will frantically be trying to remember all the special moments that we had together as she was growing up. I know that no matter what we do time keeps moving forward, but for just a moment I wish I could slow it down and keep Averie as my little baby girl. I know that most of you know exactly what I am feeling and are probably saying to me right now"welcome to parenthood Jaime!"

2 comments:
oh brother - just have another baby! haha - just kidding :) I can't believe it's been 5 months either!!! Love you, Averie!!!
XOXOXOXOX Aunt Becka
I know exactly what you mean, Jaime! I am always trying to memorize Grant just how he is right now, and feeling pain over the fact that I can't keep him this way. I am excited for what the future will bring, but it's a hard reality that we can't stop time. I want to be able to cuddle him forever!
Post a Comment