Monday, July 28, 2008

1 ambulance ride, 2 emergency room visits, 5 doctors, 2 ultrasounds, 1 CTscan, 1 surgery, 9 days of pain= 6 mm

Yes you read that right...we had quite an adventure this last week...and not a good one! Last Friday (the 18th) Tyler and I were eating dessert (our Friday night treat) and I started having this horrible pain in my upper back. It wasn't a pain I had ever felt before and I started pacing around the house. Within 10 minutes I couldn't stop vomiting (yes very gross) and Tyler called an ambulance. The doctors diagnosed my pain as a kidney stone. The stone should have passed within a couple of days but because of the size it got stuck and decided to have a party in my ureter (tube from your kidney to your bladder). I won't bore you with all the details of the 9 days of excruciating pain (and yes it is A LOT WORSE than labor) but needless to say we are so thankful for good family, friends, and neighbors who cooked us dinner, brought over flowers to cheer me up, or stayed with Averie while we were at the doctors office, emergency room, or in surgery. Thank you Tiffany, Keith, Rebekah, Julie, Tom and Kim!!! We really appreciate you being there for us!! And I am so thankful for Tyler who took most of the week off to be a dad and mom, cook, and doctor to me. No words can describe how horrible this last week was and it is nice to know that I have an amazing husband and family and friends! Thank you!
Oh and the 6 mm is how big the stone was!

4 comments:

Mike and Becka said...

Jame, I am so glad you are FINALLY feeling better! Love you and miss you more than I could possibly express!

Jason and Rachel said...

Jaime, it is SO good to hear that you are coming out of that week. How I wish I could have been there to lend an extra hand (I would have given you a hug, but I am sure you didn't want to be touched). You truly do have an amazing husband by your side. Love ya friend!

Rachel (Jason and Kyla too)

Tiffany said...

I am so glad that you are FINALLY better! Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!

Carrie said...

Dang. I am so glad you were able to get it taken care of!