I have to start by saying "I love the 4th of July!!!" It is such a great time to hang out, BBQ, eat, and eat, and eat..oh and did I say eat! We were so excited that the 4th fell on a Friday this year and that Grandpop and GG (Grandma Green) got to come over and spend the holiday with us. We started the morning off by meeting them in Carnation and picking raspberries. Right from the beginning the competition was on to see who could pick the most raspberries. The "A TEAM" was Tom and me and the "B TEAM" was Tyler and Kim. You will have to look at the pictures below to see who won..but I think you probably already know! After we picked almost 20 pounds we headed home to make jam. I had forgotten how easy making jam can be and how MUCH sugar goes into it...YIKES. After making jam the rest of the day was spent hanging out, eating lots, and introducing Tom and Kim to The Office (our new favorite show)! The next morning we got to taste our yummy jam on homemade biscuits.
Our little Patriot waving her flag!
I thought these pictures were too cute so I had to put two :)!

Grandpop getting ready to pic raspberries (we weren't sure what was going on with his socks)
Averie checking out Grandpop's raspberries.

The "B TEAM" trying to keep up with the "A TEAM"

Averie checking out all our hard work.
20 pounds of raspberries! Tom and my box is on the left and Tyler and Kim's is on the right. If you look close you can see the weight written on the box (and for those who can't quite see it Tom and I picked 10.86 pounds and Tyler and Kim picked 8.8 pounds :)).Averie and Grandpop working hard making jam.


4 comments:
Jaime, Tyler and Averie, You neglected to mention the QUALITY of the raspberries from the 'B' team. Notice how red and perfect they are. Grandpop and gg
I hear you, GG - those are pretty raspberries in your box :).
Averie, hunny, I miss you so much!!! Come to Boise already so I can squeeze, hug, and kiss you!!! LOVE YOU!!!
Auntie Becka
Sounds like a YUMMY day! I love that you were able to compete even in rasberry picking :) Averie looks like she won!
So much fun! Kyla liked the looks of your new toy and wishes she could come play with you! Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment